GENERATIONS Memory Care
At The Shores at Clear Lake Senior Living, we believe deeply in providing personalized care for each of our residents. This is especially true for our residents who are living with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
This is why we have created the Generations Memory Care Program for our community.
The Generations Memory Care Program follows a philosophy of a person-centered culture where one is a whole person first, the person they were and still are, and not identified by their disease or behaviors. We strive to celebrate and highlight the abilities of those we serve.
As a community with Generations Memory Care, we require our staff, known as care partners, to complete extensive certified training to better support our residents living with memory loss. We emphasize techniques, teachable moments and meaningful engagement that lead to our care partners’ making connections with each individual. Our care partners undergo extensive training in this process when first hired, and are required to attend additional education sessions throughout the year.
The training and techniques taught in the program are inspired by some of the most respected leaders in the field of Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Signature programs that make up a Generations Memory Care community include:
- Life Story Display - Honoring the “Story of a Lifetime”
- Tune Into Me - Creating a personalized jukebox
- Culinary Creations - Preparing recipes from the past
- From Our Generation to Yours -Intergenerational programming
- Never Stop Exploring -Connecting with the local community
- It’s All Right - Highlighting the individuality and creativity of each person
Each of these programs creates an immersive environment focusing on the individual’s strengths to foster moments of achievement.
GENERATIONS Neighborhood Amenities
At The Shores at Clear Lake, our Generations Memory Care residents enjoy an abundance of amenities available to them.
- Beauty salon to elevate your spirit
- Spacious and bright living spaces for recreation and social interaction
- Theatre for entertainment educational series
- Private dining for family and friends that can be enjoyed for celebrations
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Music, art and pet therapy which may assist with decreasing agitation
- Access Secured outdoor courtyards with covered porches
- Three delicious, nutritionally balanced meals each day – special diets available – and healthy snacks available around the clock, giving residents plenty of dining options
- Assistance with activities of daily living (dressing, bathing, grooming, medication management, etc.), allowing you more time to focus on living a vibrant life
- Access to a care staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing someone is always nearby
- Innovative and research-based programming daily to connect you with others in the community and enrich your life with well-rounded, enlightening experiences
- Family education and support groups so that you and your loved ones are always up-to-date and informed about your care
- Individualized service plans
Request More Information